Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Crashes, Blackscreen, Freezes, Gamepad Issues, Change Resolution, Blacklist Service Unavailable
If you get a crash after the intro, delete your VideoSettings.ini, start blacklist again and let it crash out. Then edit the ini and set it to 0 or 2 again.
If it stops working again try deleting the videosettings.ini, then relaunching the game. The game SHOULD crash again, and videosettings.ini should reappear. Then repeat the above steps.
Cannot find videosettings.ini
If you are unable to find this ini file, please reinstall the game on Drive C. The ini file should readily be found in the folder specified in the fix above.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist Patch v1.01
IMPORTANT INFO: for any disk version or digital PC version except STEAM.
(Steam users do not need to install this patch)
If you bought it through Steam, your game is already patched.
Patch notes in-case you’re curious on what the patch is fixing.
Cannot change resolution
Select DX9 instead of DX11 and you will be able to change to higher resolutions. Yes, this is a bug.
UPlay launches but game does not launch
Here’s the simple fix: turn off your anti-virus and launch the game again. Let us know if this works!
If you are having problems using your controllers, first try to uninstall any Razer Nostromo drivers if you have them — this is known to have a conflict with the Xbox 360 controller. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Open up Control Panel and then go to Devices and Printers.
- Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.
- Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically. Every controller I have easily reinstalls it’s drivers and re-adds itself to Windows.
- Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller. Previously for me it was detecting my flight stick as the 360 controller since it was first in the list.
Blacklist service is unavailable at this time
Update: we are gathering more information for solutions on this multiplayer bug. Please check back.
Can you run Splinter Cell Blacklist?
Make sure you can run the game. Here are the minimum specs you need to run Splinter Cell Blacklist:
- OS:Windows® XP (SP3) / Windows Vista® (SP2) / Windows® 7 (SP1) / Windows® 8
- Processor:2.53 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo E6400 or 2.80 GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ or better
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX® 10–compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher
- Hard Drive:25 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX 10–compliant DirectX 9.0c–compliant
- Additional:Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Let us know your experience in resolving crashes, errors, freezes, and other bugs in Splinter Cell Blacklist by commenting below!