Welcome to the Crash Wiki guide to fix Bioshock Infinite crashes, errors, and various bugs. Read through the article and find your fix! Game synopsis: Indebted to the wrong people, with his life on the line, veteran of the U.S. Cavalry and now hired gun, Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity to wipe his slate clean. He must rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood and locked up in the flying city of Columbia.
Fix Bioshock Infinite Crash, Failed to Start, Missing EXE, FOV limit, Disk Write Error, Freezing, Audio Noise
Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)
Restart steam. This error arises from the glitch that Steam hasn’t actually pre-loaded the game.
Disable Aim-assist and Mouse smoothing
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonBioShock InfiniteEngineConfigBaseInput
- turn bEnableMouseSmoothing to false
- Softlockaim to false
- aim assist to false
- Save file
How to increase maximum FOV
- Go to My documentsMy GamesBioshock InfiniteXGameConfigXUserOptions
- MaxUserFOVOffsetPercentage= whatever
- Change the first two numbers (15) to (65)
How to Activate Industrial Revolutions Bonus Items
- To get any in game rewards, you must register your copy of Bioshock Infinite and complete the first 12 puzzles.
- Then, in Industrial Revolutions at the top of the page, select the My Rewards button. At the bottom there should be a code. Remember, the in game rewards are unlocked only after finishing the first 12 puzzles.
- (Note some people have reported a small square instead of the code. Others have responded to say use a different browser to correct this problem.)
- Enter that code into Steam under Games – Activate a Product on Steam.
- You can confirm the activation afterwards by checking Bioshock Infinite – DLC and it should say two entries for Industrial Revolution and Industrial Revolution Rewards.
- Now go back to the game. You can Continue and will be given the items imediately if you have gone past the Blue Ribbon. You don’t get the items before there.
Xbox buttons spinning glitch – Can’t play Bioshock Infinite
Remove any USB peripherals that you aren’t using. A lot of users have pointed the problem to some Logitech joystick/device plugged in. Just unplug similar devices and try running the game again.
Bioshock Infinite Disk Write Error
This error happens when your HDD is full. Free up some space and try installing Bioshock Infinite again.
Bioshock Infinite Stutters and Freezes in-game
Go to commonBioshock InfiniteEngineConfig and open BaseEngine.ini. Search for ‘PoolSize’ and set the value higher, depending on how much available RAM / VRAM you have available. We increased the value to 512 and some of the stuttering seems to have vanished.
Error: Bioshock Infinite has Stopped Working
Make sure you remove any GPU overclocks you have made and restart the game.
Cannot start game: Missing Ordinal
Windows XP is not supported. The PC version requires DX10 capable operating systems such as Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
Bioshock Infinite Crashes and hangs up upon launch / start up
Try the listed troubleshooting steps below first. If all fails, a quick reinstall has fixed this for most of hour readers.
- Update your nVidia/Radeon drivers. Try this method: http://crashfixes.com/how-to-effectively-update-your-pc-drivers/
- Verify your Steam game cache
- Disable SLI/Crossfire
- Disable your anti-virus software
- Disable second monitor
- Run Bioshock Infinite in Windows Compatibility Mode
Performance tip for Nvidia Users
First up get the 314.22 driver and have it installed before you play.
Turn off Ambient Occlusion in the in-game options menu. Then go to Nvidia control panel and turn on ambient occlusion there instead in a custom profile. The game utilises HDAO which is AMD optimised. Nvidia uses HBAO which performs better and reduces stuttering on Nvidia GPUs.
Audio glitch – background static noise when playing Bioshock Infinite
Can I run Bioshock Infinite?
Make sure you meet the following system specs before running Bioshock Infinite!
- OS: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32-bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
- Memory: 2GB
- Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
- Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
- Video Card Memory: 512 MB
- Sound: DirectX Compatible
Comments, feedback, suggestions?
If you still encounter bugs, crashes, or errors, feel free to drop a note in the comments section below. The community may be able to help you out as we look for more information about Bioshock Infinite solutions.