Dead Space 3 lives up to expectations as arguable one of the best horror shooters to come out this year. Isaac Clarke returns in Dead Space 3, joined by merciless soldier John Carver, to chase a risky plan that promises to finally stop the Necromorphs. Thousands of gamers world wide are having problems running the game, however, so the Crash Wiki team has compiled a list of real, working solutions to help you out. Read on and find your fix!
Dead Space 3 PC Fixes for Crashes, Origin Errors, Poor FPS, FOV, Lag, Cannot Start, No Sound, Autosave Problems, Coop Connection Error
Dead Space 3 PC Crashes to Desktop upon launch
Firstly, update your DirectX drivers and try running the game again.
This might also be related to human interface devices such as controllers and other peripherals. Try unplugging them from your PC and try again. If that doesn’t work, go to Start Menu>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>[Left Panel]Device Manager>Human Interface Devices [HID] and disable the HID compliant game controller.
Dead Space 3 PC Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Dead Space 3 PC randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Dead Space 3 PC performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Dead Space 3 PC, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Dead Space 3 PC
- Disable V-sync, restart Dead Space 3 PC
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Dead Space 3 PC exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Dead Space 3 PC crash problems
Dead Space 3 PC Crash Fix – Dead Space 3 PC Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Dead Space 3 PC installation folder, right-click the Dead Space 3 PC exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Dead Space 3 PC once more.
Dead Space 3 PC Crash Fix – Dead Space 3 PC Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver.
Dead Space 3 Fix for Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Dead Space 3 PC Crash solution for Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Dead Space 3 PC.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Poor FPS when playing Dead Space 3 PC
Disable Vsync in the game menu and enable in Nvidia Control panel (Only Nvidia VGA) or RivaTuner (Only AMD VGA). Forcing Vsync with AMD’s CC will not work.
Dead Space 3 PC does not run or start
Follow these steps:
- Click Start or press the Windows key and Right click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
- Click on Startup.
- Select disable All.
- Click on Services.
- Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
- Apply, then restart your system.
How to change the FOV in Dead Space 3 PC
Follow these steps:
- Open %LOCALAPPDATA%EA GamesDead Space 3system.txt
- Search for the line Window.FOVScale
- Change the value from 1.00000000 to a higher one (default FOV is around 75 degrees).
- Save your changes.
Origin Error 7049:408
- Please open the Origin client.
- Then select “Application Settings” from the menu bar on top.
- Then scroll down on the “General Tab”.
- Under “Origin Beta Participation”.
- Check the box for “Update to the beta version if available”.
- Close down the Origin client.
- Reopen the Origin client and the latest Beta Client will be downloaded.
Dead Space 3 Not Showing up in My Games
Restart your Origin client and try again.
Dead Space 3 Stuck in Scanning DLC
Restarting your Origin client seems to fix this. Worst case, reinstalling Origin will surely fix this problem.
Dead Space 3 Autosave Problem
Dead Space 3 does not save some of the optional missions. If you are on a side quest, make sure you finish it before quitting out of the game. Seems like a bug and I hope that the issue will be addressed soon by the developer.
Dead Space 3 – Can’t Play Co-op Due to Connection Restriction
If you are unable to host or join in a game, you should forward the following ports:
- 3659 UDP (if unsure do BOTH UDP and TCP)
- 9999 UDP (if unsure do BOTH UDP and TCP)
Dead Space 3 PC Fixes for Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent Dead Space 3 PC from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the Dead Space 3 PC’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop Dead Space 3 PC from lagging via your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on Dead Space 3 PC’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- If you’re still using Windows XP, upgrade to Windows 7. Honestly, a lot of users have attested this to be the fastest solution they’ve tried.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software.
Dead Space 3 No Sound in Headphones
Right click on sound icon in the lower right corner-> click “Playback Devices” -> Right click on “Communications Headphones” in the new pane -> and press disable.
Dead Space 3 – Origin Error: 262149:-3 While downloading
If you are receiving this error while downloading, you should do the following:
Make sure that you have the latest version of the Origin client running on your PC.
Try forwarding the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
- UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
Can I run Dead Space 3 PC?
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements to run Dead Space 3 PC. For Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP1), or Windows 7 the minimum requirements are as follows:
- 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista or Windows 7)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
- ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
- 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required. The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
- At least 10GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games
We hope our Crash Wiki guide was able to help you fix the nastiest bugs, crashes, errors you encountered when trying to play Dead Space 3 on the PC. Please post any additional problems you might have encountered in the comments section below, so the community could help out. We will be updating this guide as soon as we find more relevant fixes.