How to Fix DayZ Standalone Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Despite an Alpha release, the much-awaited standalone version of DayZ is finally out. The team has spent about 6-8 hours in the game, and we’ve managed to sort out some nasty bugs, crashes, and errors. Here’s our lost of DayZ Standalone fixes for crashes, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and other issues. If you continue to experience crashes and game issues in DayZ Standalone, we encourage you to post in the comments section.
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for DayZ Standalone.
DayZ Standalone Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
DayZ Standalone Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If DayZ Standalone randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes DayZ Standalone performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the DayZ Standalone, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart DayZ Standalone
- Disable V-sync, restart DayZ Standalone
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the DayZ Standalone exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
DayZ Standalone Crash Fix – DayZ Standalone Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the DayZ Standalone installation folder, right-click the DayZ Standalone exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running DayZ Standalone once more.
DayZ Standalone Launch Crash Fix – DayZ Standalone “Could not load image”
Go to the DayZ Standalone installation folder and look for the DayZ Standalone .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #4 DayZ Standalone Crash Fix – DayZ Standalone Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.