We’ve been playing Ubisoft’s 80′s style cyber shooter, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and so far it’s been a blast. In case you’re stuck with crashes, errors, lagging, some pesky files which “failed to validate” we prepared this comprehensive guide to help you out. Read on and find your fix!
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Crashes, Errors, Won’t Start, Lagging, Failed to Validate, DX11 problems
Lagging and Out of sync cutscenes
In settings, set POSTFX on low. You may also want to set ambient lighting to low. This should solve the cutscene lag.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon does not launch or start up
A symptom is the following error: There was a problem starting your game. Make sure you have no other games running that use the Ubisoft Game Launcher
- Navigate to the [Game] folder: C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommon[Game]
- Locate [Game].exe
- Right Click and select properties
- In the compatibility tab select the option to run as admin
- Follow steps a & b for [Game]_d3d11.exe (if applicable)
- Create a shortcut on your desktop for the game’s .exe file.
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
- Set the Target to: ”C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommon[Game][Game].exe” “-uplay_steam_mode” (Remember to include the quotation marks and change “C:” to which ever drive the game is installed to.)
- Apply changes and launch the game from the icon.
This should force the game to launch up in the Steam version of Uplay.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon does not save
You have to beat the first mission to auto/manual save, its not a bug/glitch, its just how they designed the game.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Crashes Randomly, Error not responding
In settings, set Window mode to borderless and this should stop the random crashes. Let us know in the comments section if this helped.
Cannot change graphic settings to DX 11 in Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Your game might be running on the intergrated graphic chipset. To fix this, go to your nVidia control panel or CCC and add the game to your driver. Let us know in the comments if this worked for you.
50 files failed to validate
Try our solution above under “Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon does not launch or start up.” Let us know if this works.
Screen glitches in Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
First things first: update your graphics drivers! If this does not work, this might be a DX 11 issue. Check “Cannot change graphic settings to DX 11 in Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon” posted above.
Can I play Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon?
Here are the minimum system requirements to play the game:
- OS: Windows® XP (SP3) / Windows Vista® (SP2) / Windows® 7 (SP1) / Windows® 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 6000+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics: 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 3 GB HD space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c–compliant
We’d love to hear your feedback
To better help out more people, let us know which works and which doesn’t. We’ll try look for more solutions to crashes and errors in Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, so be sure to bookmark this page!