Ace Combat Assault Horizon is a good addition to the Ace Combat franchise, with great graphics, classic gameplay, and intense action. While the Crash Wiki team was able to run the game without any issues, our readers have been asking us to find solutions to the most pesky crashes, errors, bugs, and glitches in Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Read on to find your fix!
Ace Combat Assault Horizon APPCRASH, Does not start, Mouse steering, Error initializing, Save game files, Desktop glitch, GFWL bug
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Error – “Error initializing or updating your transaction”
If you are unable to purchase the game off Steam due to this error, you might want to consider buying it off on http://www.greenmangaming.com/ and just add the game to your Steam once installed.
APPCRASH – Ace Combat Assault Horizon crashes when pressing “C”
Do or try the following:
- Restart form the latest control point and see if the crash persists
- Turn off your joystick and wheel and try again
- Turn off Steam overlay
Ace Combat Assault Horizon keeps switching between desktop and game
Can’t find save game files in Ace Combat Assault Horizon
If you cannot see the save game folder and files, you need to first sign into GFWL / Xbox Live first. Once you sign in, check C:UsersDocumentsNAMCOACAH for the save game files.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon does not start
Unfortunately this is caused by a GFWL glitch. Uninstall GFWL (marketplace/redistributable) and install http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
“Ace Combat failed to create Direct3D device or initialize games for Windows Live”
Same as with above, uninstall GFWL (marketplace/redistributable) and install http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
Control bug – keeps pressing down arrow
Simply restart your PC to fix this bug.
Unable to use mouse for steering
Try to change your input configuring Mouse 1 to Fire amd Mouse 2 to Rocket.
Now your can fly with the mouse except L&R move , boost and brake.
Can I run Ace Combat Assault Horizon?
If you’re still getting crashes and performance issues, make sure your PC meets the minimum spec required:
- OS:Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 (32 or 64 bit versions, optimized for 64 bit and multicore processors )
- Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 2.4 Ghz
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and higher ; ATI radeon HD 3850 and higher
- Hard Drive:16 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct Sound Compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection and software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows – LIVE
- Peripherals: Mouse & keyboard, Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® or equivalent, Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB, Logitech Dual Action. Supported Flighsticks (Thrustmaster: T.Flight Hotas X,T.16000M, T.Flight Stick X, Speedlink SL-6640 Black Widow Flightstick, Hori Flightstick EX2, Saitek Aviator for Xbox 360)
We want to hear your feedback
Let us know in the comments if you were able to find a solution in our guide to fix Ace Combat Assault Horizon crashes, bugs, and errors. We also welcome additional tips and tricks that can help the community.