A few days after the release of Company of Heroes 2, the game still seems to be riddled with pesky problems despite some patches released. The Crash Wiki team hopes to help out the community with this fix guide for Company of Heroes 2 crashes, errors, freezes launch problems, and other bugs. Read on and find your fix!
Company of Heroes 2 Fixes for Crashes, Cannot Launch, Unable to connect to Relic Server, Please wait bug, Compatibility mode error, Steam cloud sync
Company of Heroes 2 cannot sync with Steam cloud
- Verify your local game cache
- Restart CoH 2
- If that doesn’t work, restart Steam altogether
Company of Heroes 2 crashes to desktop when loading games or restarting
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check this Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Company of Heroes 2 performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Company of Heroes 2, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Company of Heroes 2
- Disable V-sync, restart Company of Heroes 2
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Company of Heroes 2 exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Check this list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Company of Heroes 2 crash problems
Post game crashing in Company of Heroes 2
- Look under windows update optional updates and see if you have any updates for Windows 7/8 system (not security etc, actual system updates) and run them.
- Disable SLI and Vsync
- Verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam
Unable to connect to Relic servers
Update: This is primarily on the server side, nothing we can do but wait for the servers to go back up.