Fans say that Impire is somewhat Dungeon Keeper meets Dawn of War 2, in a compelling genre of micromanagement. True enough, we’ve been having so much fun with Impire for about a week now since it launched, so sorry about the late post. Here’s our compilation of fixes to help you out!
Fix Impire Blackscreen, Crashes, DK Errors, Reduce Ladders, Net Sync Error, PC Restart
Impire Blackscreen after pausing
If you get stuck in a blackscreen after pausing, try to click twice on Tab (or whichever shortkey for Baal).
Impire Error: DLaunch Skill Crash
This might have to do with an order given to a squad, try clicking ok and give an order before the error comes back.
Impire Crashes, DK Errors and Glitches
If you encounter any of these, press Alt + Tab and just press ‘OK’ on the debug/error messages. And resume playing.
Impire Crashes on Startup
Delete the ~My Documents~Impireconfig.xml file that’s created when you edit the game settings. Run the game again.
How to reduce ladders in Impire
Thanks to this guide from KhanIndustries:
Getting pretty far into the game now and found some neat tricks.
Finally got to the point where I built multiple level 10 dungeons that were pretty much automated, that is to say I didn’t need to port back to deal with heroes and only needed to replace traps.
Ladders seem to spawn in hallways (specifically near hallways attached to buildings), they apparently will not spawn in between buildings if you connect the buildings directly to one another. If you play tetris with your buildings, you can contain ladder spawn to whatever hallways the scenario started with which a few units on patrol will make quick work of.
Pretty much don’t build hallways at all and if you absolutely have to build a small stretch of hallway, make sure you have 2 units available to patrol it. If you need more connection points to expand your dungeon feel free to build multiple training grounds or whatever building has the desired connection points.
The only thing left is to save build space at the entrance to build a brewery and line the entrace to that with every high damaging trap you have. I’d be careful of the monster den as there seems to be a bug that causes the minotaur to sit down on the floor after combat and attempting to put him back in his chair produces a script error.
There is one other thing, the micro required was starting to bug me. However later in the game with the runes unlocked.. it goes down a LOT it seems. One rune alone (bloodthirst I think) practically wipes out the need for feeding completely. My God I think that rune should start unlocked and only need DEC points to open, I don’t think I can go back and play without it now.
Net Sync Error
Update: The developers are working on fix patch to resolve this.
Impire Shuts down PC and restarts
- Make sure you GPU is cool enough and not overheating. XXX may at times use heavy GPU, so make sure you have good airflow, and that your card is running quietly. Try lowering the resolution or changing quality settings. Symptoms of an overheated card include the following: random crashes, random ‘glitches’ , FPS drastically drops down to 2 or 3 FPS, freezing, and locking up during graphically intensive moments.
- Make sure you have a decent power supply. If you have a decent graphics card, you need a power supply that can run it. 350 watts may not be enough to consistently run XXX. A recommended power supply should have a minimum of 600 watts, with a direct connection to the GPU (no splitting and ‘sharing’ connections with other devices). Many times random crashes are due only to insufficient power supply.
Can I run Impire?
Make sure you meet the minimum requirements to run the game:
- OS:Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor:Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+,
- Memory:3 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® HD3000 video card with 512MB of dedicated memory
- Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX Compatible Soundcard
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:3-button mouse, keyboard, speakers, Internet connection for multiplayer
Feedback and suggestions?
We hope our guide was able to help you fix any crashing issues, bugs, and errors when playing Impire. Let us know in the comments section if you encounter other problems or if you have suggestions.