Before you go ahead to troubleshoot Crypt of the NecroDancer and find fixes for bugs, crashes, and errors, it is always advisable to check the installation details. Ensure that the installation was done right and whether your machine meets the minimum conditions set for the game to function properly. These conditions may include memory, operating system running on your PC, or the graphics properties. If these conditions were met during the installation and still your game misbehave then read on to find your fix!
10 Fixes for Crypt of the NecroDancer Crashes, Errors, Custom Music, Not Loading, Gamepad, Scores, Levels, Escape
1. Your game does not load up
If you try loading the game a couple of times and it doesn’t load or loads and the closes abruptly.Try solving these by
- Uninstall and the re-install the game fresh and check whether they are some installation steps you skipped.
- Change your antivirus settings not to see the .exe file as a threat
2. Custom music crashes Crypt of the NecroDancer
The music format frequently causes this. To solve this try:
- Convert the music files to mp3 format
- Sometimes it can be caused by other programs running on your machine so you can try closing all the other programs running and see whether it will solve you troubles.
3. Malware alerts while starting the game
When starting the game it displays warnings that your game is a threat or a malware. Try solving this by disabling your antivirus or whitelist the NecroDancer.exe file.
4. Custom music stops playing at some levels of the game
Commonly exhibited in Mac operating system and can be solved by updating your game regularly.
5. Missing executables for NecroDancer
With this problem try checking your antivirus definition and then change the settings to suit your game.
6. Gamepads not working
Try these to solve your problems:
- Map the keys manually from the options menu
- Also can try A,B,X,Y controls that the game uses on the Xpad controls
7. Slow in uploading the game scores
You try uploading the game and take ages to upload the game scores. The first thing you check is your internet connections by trying to save the game. Then refresh your machine and the upload your scores.
8. Can’t access some levels
You have completed some levels and then when you are proceeding to the next level a message is displayed that you have not finished your previous level. Solve this by verifying your Steam cache files.
9. Can’t use the escape button
This can be solved by
- Ensure it is properly bound and if not try rebinding it
- Can also use an alternative that is shift+escape
10. Crypt of the NecroDancer crash in some levels
Trying solving this by checking the custom music of that level whether it is in the recommended file format.
Are you still getting crashes, bugs, and errors in Crypt of the NecroDancer? Let us know by dropping a comment below.